Friday, October 16, 2009

Sucking

Ever since Layla was this big....




She has done this....

Now she is this big...

and still doing this...

HELP!!! We have tried reminding her, and she would smile at us and pull the fingers out...until we turned our heads. Smack, right back in they go. I picked up some of that nasty fingernail paint that is so very foul in flavor, and she just sucked really hard to get it off faster. Craig taped a Popsicle stick to her fingers, and that actually worked...until she figured out she could just suck her other hand.
So now here we are, out of ideas, with Popsicle sticks stuck to all of laylas foul tasting little fingers...OK, so just 2 of her foul tasting little fingers. We are desperately hoping our blogging friends will have some wisdom to donate to a great cause.

5 comments:

Rosa said...

I was young so I don't really remember what they did in detail but my cousin did the same thing so they taped her fingers with the white atheltic tape. It is the thicker one. It would probably look funny but I think it helped her. I just remember her having the tape on and they said it was so she wouldn't suck her fingers. She was a lot older though like 4 or 5.

craig&susan said...

That's a good idea, thanks Rosa.

Jenny Bobo said...

I don't know Susan! But good luck! I finally had to fall down bleachers and get all bloodied up to finally stop sucking my thumb...but I don't advise that route. :)

Nichole said...

we used tobasco sauce and big dollop of guilt for Will the thumbsucker

Janelle said...

When you figure it out, let me know!