Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Craigster


When I was a sophomore in high school my big Brother was a senior. We were good friends. It was lunch hour, and I was crossing the street with my friend Angie when I saw my Brother Paul with a super cute guy. They said hi to me, and I kept thinking how cute Paul's friend was for the rest of the day (typical 16 year old girl). After school I asked Paul what his friends name was, and he said "Craig Hall". A couple days later I was at my sisters house on Canal street, and her neighbor called to see if her son could bring something over. A moment later the doorbell rang, and I answered it only to find my dreamy new crush standing there, Craig Hall.
I asked him out.
He did the rest!
We held hands for the first time on his 18th Birthday on the chair lift...yesterday he turned 29. I can't believe it's been 11 years, and I thought I loved him then!

Craig, you are still my dreamy crush.
You make me want to be a better person, and you helped me discover my true dreams.
I Love you.
Yesterday I was BUSY! I did not make you a cake, or get your gift in time. you worked all day, ate a dinner you would not have chosen (and made me sick), sat on the very FRONT row of Avatar in 3d (which made me sicker), took care of me while I was sick in front of the toilet, picked up the kids all by yourself while I was home being sick in private, and got the front of the pathfinder ripped off on your way home with the kids by a car that ran a red light (the front of my 08 pathfinder is literally gone!). In anyones book, you had a bad day...on your birthday.
I can not believe the grace in which you handled yourself, and your day.
I love you, and I want to be like you.

Love, your girl

2 comments:

The Happy Halls said...

Happy Birthday Craig! You are an amazing guy. Love you TONS. mom

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to Craig! And I'm sorry it was a rough day. I'm glad everyone was ok in the accident, but I'm sad about your car. Sus, I hope you're feeling better.
I can't believe you guys have been in love that long! Seems like yesterday!