Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Have you seen my spoon?



My guy and I recently did some work on our kitchen... as in we totally gutted it and started over. Our little 2 week project ended up taking 5. five weeks with no kitchen is like 5 years in mommy time. I didn't have a sink to do dishes in, and it was too awkward to do them in the bathtub, so we resorted to paper plates and plastic utensils temporarily.
(side note, part of the project was installing my first ever dish washer.7 1/2 years of sweet marriage bliss, 2 1/2 kids later...I was more than ready. give me a
hall-a-lu-ya for that)
We all got in the habit of throwing everything away after we ate...a habit that has proven to be hard to break. I found a spoon in the garbage can one day, and than again the next day. This continued for some time, with me finding the spoon, removing it from the garbage, placing it in the dishwasher, and wondering which of my little shorties kept tossing their spoons. Until the other day, mystery solved.
My Guy dished himself a bowl of plain old Albertsons brand Vanilla Ice Cream...his favorite, sat down to enjoy it, stood up, walked to the trash can, and tossed his spoon in...right in front of my suspicious eyes. Ah Hah.
We found our spoon tosser, but in the mean time I'm down to seven spoons, and we are back to using the tossable kind. I'm sure there is a valuable lesson to be learned here, but I'm just telling you the story because I think its awesome.

No comments: