Monday, August 15, 2011

Bensons Birthday






My Baby turned one! He is 1!

I have been reflecting a ton the past couple of weeks. I think it's in part because Benson just turned one, part because Craig and I just had our 9th anniversary, and part because that's kinda just what I do. I've been thinking mostly about where I was emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually a year ago, and where I am now. I'll take the now...for sure.

I have three very active, happy, and healthy children. We spend our summer days riding bikes, playing in the yard, swimming, reading books together, and laughing. I have a Husband that works very hard, so I can be home with our little Chickie's. He keeps our garden/yard looking amazing (and looks so hot while he does it), is Loyal, loving, and serves the lord. I love our cute little house in our quiet old neighborhood were we all know each other. What more could a girl ask for? I thank the Lord for the trials I have been through, the lessons learned, and the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am so blessed.






Back to Benson. He is such a sweet little thing, and always tries (with success) to make us laugh. He loves his Daddy more then anyone, and thinks anything Carter does is hilarious. He loves playing peek-a-boo with Layla, but doesn't love it when she picks him up. He is master of going up stairs, but still working on the down part. Looks for every chance he can get to play in the house plants dirt, and rub it in his beautiful blond hair. His favorite food is watermelon...he thinks it's a full contact sport! Not kidding. I'm going to have to post a video of him eating a slice...fantastic. Benson has a great arm, and lets us know he is done by throwing his Binky, bottle, or food as far as he can with a solid grunt to add affect.
What a boy! I love watching him grow, and discovering who he is. Benson is a very LOVED little guy! Happy Birthday buddy.

No comments: