Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Today is picture day for Layla at preschool.
I had 3 outfit choices out for her to choose from...and none of them were the right one.
She kindly informed me that she already knew what she wanted to wear today, so I dressed her in the one she picked herself.
She wanted to wear her brown uggs, but she didn't like the way her jeans felt in her boots, so she had to change into a skirt.
 Then her shirt didn't look right to her with the skirt, so she had to change her shirt too.
But, she didn't want to wear a brown shirt with a purple flower in her hair, so we re-fixed her hair.
Then, apparently, the whole outfit wasn't what she had envisioned herself in, or something, so we worked through that.

Eventually, Layla went off to preschool wearing pre-selected outfit #3.
ahhhhhh! What are we in for with this one?  I love her to death, but really?!?! I mean, come on. Isn't that just way too much worry coming from a 4 year old? Most days she couldn't care less what she is wearing, but maybe she had somebody to impress today;) I didn't think about that.

It takes me back to when I was a girl, probably about 4 now that I think of it. My Mom was going to lunch with the Aunties, and she invited me to come along. I was so excited! I usually never got to go to  lunch with the Moms, so that was a pretty dang big deal. Mom told me I needed to hurry and get dressed so we could go, so I ran to my room, and yanked my drawer out.
All of the sudden, all my shirts just looked so CUTE (the opposite problem then I have now), and I just couldn't pick one.....so I picked 6. I came running out to the horn beeping car, with all six of my favorite shirts on. One on top of the other, and the other, and the other, and so on.
Mom looked at me and smiled. She said "wow susie, those sure are cute shirts you have", and off we went.
I love that she gave me the freedom to wear 6 shirts to lunch with the aunties, even though I often looked like a little orphane child, I always felt loved. So, it seems now, that's really the most important thing isn't it? Just to make sure my little angel always feels my love.

No comments: