Friday, March 23, 2012

Home made "baby legs"

Have you ever heard of BabyLegs? It's a company that makes ADORABLE leg warmers for babies and little girls. My little Layla can often be seen sporting them:) We also love their pattern footless tights that cover her undies when she is wearing a skirt, and forgets to act like a lady;)
If you want to see more of their stuff you can check them out at BabyLegs.com

If you want to learn how to make your own, stick right here with me;)
I was at the Dollar store the other day and saw this pair of socks. I immediately thought "oh my gosh, those would make the cutest leg warmers EVER!", so I bought them of coarse.
This was the EASYest sewing project EVER!
I broke it down to 5 simple steps...and only 2 of them involve any sewing;)
EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY...let us begin.

Step 1: cut off the feet right above the heel


Step 2: Turn the socks inside out


 Step 3: measure the elastic around your little ones ankle, and cut the elastic 1/2 an inch                                     longer.  Sew the two ends together to make a circle.

                                     

Step 4: fold the cut end of the sock down over the elastic circle, and sew it in place.


 Step 5: Strut your stuff:)

No comments: