Monday, August 2, 2010

Bensons Birth






On July 20 I went to the Dr. and he said I was dilated to a 3, 50% effaced. He stripped my membrane, and told me to go be active, and he would see me in labor and delivery that night.
I went and got Craig and the kids...and we went four wheeling. It was lots of fun, but didn't put me into labor. We tried everything we could think of to no avail. The next morning, July 21, Dr.C texted me to come to his office. You see, I wanted to have a VBAC delivery, and he is the only Dr. I trusted to do it...also the only one willing to try. He was leaving town for 2 weeks the next day, so we were down to our last day, last chance to avoid another C section.
I went to his office, I was now a 4, so he stripped my membrane again, told me I had until midnight to have my baby, and wished me the best.
I went and got a gyro from my Moms favorite Greek food establishment, because that's what she would have done.
I picked up the kids, picked up my seeester Judy, and went on a little hike up to the pillars (you only know what that means if you have ever lived here), and around the hill. Judy and I spent the afternoon trying to get my little guy to come. we ended up going on a walk at about 6:15, we walked to the hospital, and I felt like my contractions were getting harder, and closer. We decided we would just go in and see if they would keep me. It was now 6:45.
My Dr. had just finished another delivery, so he came in to check me..I was talking to my father in law on the phone.
The Dr said I was a 5 now, and my contractions were 2 minutes apart, he broke my water, I was still on the phone. I asked my Father in law to "please send Craig to the hospital..my water just broke" and ended my conversation. Craig came, Karen My Mother in law came, Judy was there...and my Mom was there too.
At 8:45 Benson was born...perfect.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Yay! Congrats! I am so glad that you didn't have to have another C section! I am so glad everything went well! He is so Adorable and little! We are coming home the first part of October! We will have to introduce the boys! You look great! Loves ~